MD Anderson Cancer Center Pharmacist Woodlands in Woodlands, Texas
The Division of Pharmacy at MD Anderson Cancer Center strives to be the industry leader in providing premier patient-centered care, based on excellence and innovation in patient care, services, research and education. We strive to ensure safe, effective and cost-conscious medication use and to work with our health care colleagues to promote optimal drug therapy outcomes through the development of integrated, quality programs.
• Follows all safety standards for handling chemotherapy and hazardous drugs
• Prepare all doses as needed
• Restock unit based cabinet inventory consistently and accurately
• Completes all pharmacy and institutional QA/CQI assignments on time
• Prepares investigational doses by reading the datasheet, follow protocol directions, care when admixing, documenting thoroughly on the investigational card for each drug. Ask for assistance from a pharmacist if needed.
• Issues and receives pumps accurately and consistently cleans all pumps.
• Orders and restocks drugs and supplies as needed.
• Other duties as required.
Bachelor's of Science degree in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
Experience in a Pharmacy IV room preparing IV doses
Certifications / Licensure, All of the following:
Texas State Board of Pharmacy Pharmacist license within 90 days of job entry.
American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days of job entry.
American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support(ACLS) certification within 90 days of job entry
if working in one of following departments: Pharmacy Inpatient (710348), Pharmacy ATC ACB (710355), Pharmacy-West Houston (710657) Pharmacy-The Woodlands (710480)
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 143249
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and eligible for additional compensation for hours worked beyond your usual schedule, paid at a straight rate
Work Week: Day/Evening
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 102,400
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 129,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 155,600
Science Jobs: No