MD Anderson Cancer Center Student Extern - Radiation Oncology - Clinical in Houston, Texas
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2018 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide research support for the coordination of research studies in the Department of Radiation Oncology and Health Services Research.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Enter data into databases
Assist in data abstraction, including from patients' medical records
Organize research materials (charts, papers, records, etc.)
• Participate in data quality audits to ensure accuracy and integrity of data collection.
• Generate reports as requested
• Perform basic level-specific activities related to research projects and studies
• Perform protocol-specific procedures (e.g. enrolling participants; collecting patient data; entering data; etc.)
• Answer questions and correspond with study participants
• Communicate with PI, Program Managers, Study Coordinator(s), other research team members and supervisor through oral and written communication regarding project related issues, such as data, workflow, and/or human participant issues
- Organize research supplies and materials
• Assist with literature reviews and manuscript drafting and editing
• Participate in grant development and abstract/ poster development for academic conferences
Required : High school diploma or equivalent. College bound or in-college students.
Required : No experience.
Preferred: Some experience with data abstraction. Some experience creating academic posters and/or manuscripts.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 135383
Employment Status: Temporary
Employee Status: Temporary
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 27,040
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 39,600
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 52,000
Science Jobs: No