MD Anderson Cancer Center Sr Technical Writer - Stem Cell Transplantation in Houston, Texas
Sr Technical Writer - Stem Cell Transplantation
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/12864/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Marketing/Communication at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/marketingcommunication-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-26
Cancer Medicine - Research 900080
Requisition #: 117130
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 rankings. It is one of only 49 comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute
The Sr Technical Writer writes, edits and coordinates production of highly technical medical material. Retrieves data from databases and other internal and external data and information sources for use in reports. Writes academic and research-oriented articles and publications. Coordinates production, graphics and photos. Assists with posting, editing and proofreading. Strong background in Immunotherapy required.
• Assist with highly technial writing
• Assist principal investigators (PIs) to write and edit scientific manuscripts for publication.
• Assures compliance with MD Anderson policies, rules, and regulations to meet federal, state, and local standards.
• Contact journal editors to clarify manuscript standards as needed prior to submission; analyze and draft responses to reviewer critiques received on grant proposals and manuscripts
• Independently draft, format, and proof-read internal and external documentation
• Assists Director with various projects involving scientific documents (e.g. large institutional grants, annual/occasional reports, progress reports for grants)
• Work with PIs and research fellows to prepare, write and edit research and clinical protocols, grant progress reports.
•Provide review and proofreading support for internal and external documents to ensure consistency and accuracy
•Assist PI in the development of immunotherapy based investigator clinical trials by merging required language from external vendors/manufacturers, with the sponsor investigator concept in the format of the institutional protocol template.
• Write and edit website posting and news related to immunotherapy research activities and seminars
Other duties assigned
Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Preferred: Master's degree in a related field.
Required: Four years experience in communications, writing and editing technical/scientific material in a medical, academic or research setting. With preferred degree, two years of required experience.
Preferred: Strong background in immunotherapy. Advanced written and oral communications skills, attention to detail, and ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers. Advanced Microsoft Office skills especially Word and Excel
Preferred: Editor in the Life Sciences (ELS), Certification or Advanced Certification through the American Medical Writer's Association (AMWA)
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html