MD Anderson Cancer Center Sr Maintenance Technician - Wednesday-Saturday in Houston, Texas
Wednesday (7:00am - 5:30pm)
Thursday (7:00am - 5:30pm)
Friday (7:00am - 3:30pm)
Saturday (7:00am - 7:30pm)
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public .
The primary purpose of the Senior Maintenance Technician position is to perform skilled sub journeyman-level work in a designated craft. It impacts routine maintenance and repairs of all mechanical equipment, systems, buildings, and grounds.
Maintain Facility appearance, Functionality and Safety • Installs, repairs, and maintains equipment such as doors and locks.
• Assists in installing, repairing, and maintaining equipment such as pumps, conveyors, fans, compressors, and other special equipment.
• Assists in installing, repairing, maintaining, and servicing HVAC/R and related equipment including compressors/condensers, evaporators, air handling units, controls, refrigerators/freezers, ice makers, water coolers, and related equipment.
• Works in other craft areas when needed.
• Requisitions materials and maintain inventories.
•Assists in installing, repairing, maintaining mechanical, electro-mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
• Replaces damaged ceiling tiles and cove base.
• Adjust/replace door closers.
• Install modular furniture, bulletin boards, pictures, etc.
• Repair vinyl and carpeted floors.
• Layout and install suspended metal grid ceilings, complete with air supply and exhaust grills, and lay-in ceiling tiles.
• Skills in the practices, methods, materials, tools, and equipment of the mechanical trade.
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the job.
Other Duties as assigned
• Provide lead support to the Utilities Operations Superintendent and/or Supervisor, Physical Plant's Superintendent in their absence.
• Coordinate all work performed by other shops, which require a basic knowledge of overall physical plant operations when, requested by Physical Plant Utilities Operations Superintendent, Supervisor, or Manager.
•The employee may be expected to be part of an on-call group and when assigned this responsibility will be compensated for that time. When on-call, the employee must be available and be able to respond in accordance to policy. Periods of alert when Emergency Conditions may be expected are not considered on-call.
Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent. Five years experience in one or more crafts (i.e. - plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, HVAC, instrumentation).
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 138265
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 44,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 56,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 67,200
Science Jobs: No