MD Anderson Cancer Center Sr Epic Beaker Reporting Analyst in Houston, Texas
The Senior EHR Systems Analyst is a primary support contact for the assigned data models within the EHR Analytics applications and may communicate directly with the Manager to discuss design decisions. He/she communicates directly with the IT analysts and ensures that all key decisions are implemented across the EHR analytics applications. The Senior EHR Systems Analyst will be responsible for coordinating and communicating with the end users and representatives from all areas of the hospital related to their specific data models and EHR Analytics applications.
The Senior EHR Systems Analyst should have an understanding of MD Anderson's objectives for utilizing EHR Analytic deliverables and the ability to recognize opportunities for process redesign that will help the organization maximize the benefits of the system.
Ideal candidates will be Epic Clarity Clinical Data Model certified or Epic Clarity Beaker Data Model certified* *
Standards & Testing
In order to be adequately prepared and trained to build, test and optimize the Epic system, MDA requires that Epic certification be obtained within 180 days of hire. Required certifications must be maintained as assigned*
Assist with the development and adherence to standard operating procedures, and maintain build standards (SME Signoff or governance sign off)
Adhere to the best practices set by IS division as well as all MDA policies, procedures, and standards
Prepare documentation as needed for the implementation of enhancements or new technology
Follow documented change control processes and may perform change control audits
Perform quality control and testing, and may review the build of other analysts to ensure that solutions are technically sound
Complex Data Analysis, Build, Content Management and System Configuration
Implement and manage requested report/analytic changes, new report requests, metrics, extracts, Cogito data models or projects in a timely manner while proactively communicating with end users; may prioritize work for the team
Communicate/Participate in complex data analysis and deliver visualizations for end users with Epic Cogito Suite and Institutional BI platforms.
Communicate/Perform complex problem solving and formulation and testing of hypotheses and analysis of data. Designs simple queries using structure query language and ensures analytic methodologies are followed and makes recommendations where necessary.
Lead/Communicate/Research whether integration effort can be performed within the reporting deliverable or requires additional integration efforts. Promotes institutional data management strategies.
Communicate/Develop complex integration specifications and provide complex problem-solving expertise and analysis of data to develop analytics integration designs.
Lead/Communicate/Participate in the implementation/optimization/upgrade efforts and receive approval from one or more governing bodies
Perform high risk/complex system maintenance as needed
Manage multiple projects, work with integrated teams and support complex problems
Lead and provide expertise to optimize the design and development of analytic Deliverables
Support & Maintenance
Provide institutional, department and one-on-one training on analytics deliverables
Participate in team support model for example: customer queue monitoring, analytic security, change control, application database maintenance, etc.
Provide support and problem resolution to customers including SI Events
Respond to requests in a timely manner while proactively communicate expectations for procedures, service arrival (ETA), or project deliverables to stakeholders
Participate in after-hours application support and downtime procedures
Obtain and share technical and workflow knowledge of assigned applications to better troubleshoot and resolve incident
Facilitate issue resolution with Epic technical support incident
Liaison, Networking Skills and Business knowledge
Collect and Analyze complex requirements to develop initial design concept and technical approach that supports institutional decision-making with regard to clinical, research, financial, or operational requirements.
Establish and maintain liaison relationships with customers and OneIS to provide effective technical solutions and customer service
Collaborate or lead analysts to obtain technical and workflow knowledge of business operations
Manage and execute the adherence to regulatory requirements, quality standards and best practices for systems and processes and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders
Attends meetings, participates in workgroups, and/or serves on committees as needed
Coach and provide advice, guidance, encouragement, constructive feedback and transfer knowledge to less experienced team members across OneIS and the institution
May serve as a team lead
May lead project teams
To provide innovative, quality, and sustainable IT solutions and services. Our success is driven by our people through Integrity and Trust, Partnership, and Quality.
Promotes trust, respect, support, and honestly with customers and each other.
Commits to being a good partner focused on building productive, collaborative, and trusting relationships with our customers and each other.
Models a commitment to excellence and strives to continually improve. Achieves desired outcomes, usability, and value that exceed expectations of others and our own.
Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization through skills demonstrated in communication, personalization of interaction, regulation of emotions, and proactive problem solving.
Performance Statement Examples
• Presents a cheerful, positive manner with customers either on the phone or in person. Shows interest in, actively listens to and responds in a clear and timely manner to customer's expressed needs.
• Focuses on the customer's results, rather than own. Goes beyond basic service expectations to help customers implement complete solutions through personalized service that anticipates the customer's unspoken needs.
• Delivers services when and where the customer needs them. Explores options when unable to deliver a requested product or service, and pursues solutions until the customer is satisfied by addressing the root cause of the issue. Problem solves with patient, family member, care giver or clinical team to aid in proactively resolving issues and concerns.
• Provides to customers status reports and progress updates. Seeks customer feedback and ensures needs have been fully met.
• Talks to customers (internal and external) with a pleasant tone to find out what they need and how satisfied they are with the service. Remains in control of own reactions and responds in a manner that demonstrates appropriate nonverbal cues and complements the customer's emotions in the situation. Recognizes when its is necessary to escalate situations to leadership to ensure customer satisfaction.
Provide service to our stakeholders, including patients, caregivers, colleagues and each other, in a safe, courteous, accountable, efficient and innovative manner to include:
• Promoting inclusiveness and collegiality that demonstrates respect and professionalism to our stakeholders at all times
• Modeling safe, ethical behavior that mitigates risk to the institution through sound business practices, and adherence to MD Anderson's Standards of Conduct, institutional policies and procedures
• Responding to requests in a timely manner while proactively communicating expectations for procedures, service arrival, or project deliverables to stakeholders
• Using the steps to HEAL (Hear, Empathize, Address and Learn) the relationship when service recovery is needed
Other duties as assigned
Must obtain Epic certification issued by Epic within 180 days of date of entry into job.
Epic Clarity Clinical Data Model
Epic Clarity Beaker Data Model
Five years of relevant healthcare information technology experience. May substitute required education with years of related experience on a one to one basis. May substitute up to two years of clinical experience or relevant business experience for relevant healthcare information technology experience.
Epic Clarity Clinical Data Model
Epic Clarity Beaker Data Model
Experience in an academic healthcare setting.
Experience at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 140230
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 81,600
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 102,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 130,000
Science Jobs: No