MD Anderson Cancer Center Sr Administrative Assistant in Houston, Texas
Sr Administrative Assistant
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/13073/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Admin/Clerical Support at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/adminclerical-support-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-8
Diagnostic Imaging 114900
Requisition #: 116087
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the Senior Administrative Assistant position is to perform complex administrative and secretarial duties requiring independent judgment within general guidelines. Impacts departmental efficiency and productivity. Supports departmental faculty and/or staff within the Department of Diagnostic Radiology.
· Administratively supports routine program operations including various forms of secretarial support: maintains assigned databases, maintains program files, compiles reports and other project information, purchases supplies and equipment requiring use of web-based systems such as Lawson, reconciles cost centers, expense reports and tracks expenses having budgetary impact requiring use of the department’s databases, routinely updates spreadsheet of faculty PRS account expenses and equipment inventory, composes formal and informal correspondence, creates and formats presentations requiring use of graphic design software such as PowerPoint.
· Ensures timely submission of required reports/documents for manuscripts and grants by tracking stages, alerting investigators and initiating response process.
· Arranges conferences according to department specifications, including booking rooms, catering and equipment request.
· Takes, prepares and distributes meeting minutes on a timely manner.
· Types and maintains up-to-date curriculum vitae in institutional format for assigned physicians.
· Schedules appointments for assigned physicians and maintains calendar up-to-date.
· Researches, assembles and compiles information for the preparation and submission of grants, manuscripts, protocols and other research studies.
· Prepare documents for submission to meetings, journals, conferences, grants, manuscripts, protocols and other research studies adhering to formatting requirements and requiring the use of referencing software e.g. endnotes and reference manager.
· Edits manuscripts as requested.
· Preparation/updates to biosketch and other supporting documents.
· Assist with submission of online abstracts.
· Prepares slides and poster presentations using PowerPoint and other related software.
· Coordinates activities for departmental meetings including maintaining rosters for CME credit.
· Makes travel arrangements, prepares travel requests, expense reimbursements, leave authorization requests, physician absence from clinic notification, physical plant requests, check requests, printing requests, equipment relocation form, and other requests/forms as required. Most of these requests/forms are processed on-line. A duplicate of the majority of these requests/forms must be entered in departmental databases for data manipulation and reporting purposes.
· Prepares and processes purchase requisitions using the Lawson system and enters a copy of the purchase requisition in a departmental database. Backup documentation of any purchases or expenditures must be filed on a designated binder/file for account reconciliation purposes.
· Maintains payroll and time and attendance records, using the institution’s Kronos system and other database systems developed within the department.
· Maintains and keeps track of professional licensure and membership renewal dates on an on-going basis
· Files and maintains general office files, pick up and distribute departmental mail, lab coats, reproduces documents utilizing a copier, faxes documents utilizing a fax machine, etc.
· Processes medical charts as assigned by assigned physicians/supervisor.
· Maintains reprints (file/mail reprints) for assigned physicians.
· Answers phone and relays/writes detailed messages accurately. Answers phone by at least the third ring using greeting etiquette.
· Screens visitors and incoming correspondence. Follows-up with assigned physicians/supervisor to answer correspondence (monitoring mail).
· Type and self-correct correspondence resulting in 98% accuracy on first draft and 100% on second draft.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: High school graduate and/or courses from approved Business School
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
Required: Four years of highly responsible secretarial experience including advanced secretarial duties. Must pass pre-employment skills a test as required and administered by Human Resources.
Preference:OpenTempo/Faculty Clinic Scheduling experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html