MD Anderson Cancer Center Sr Administrative Assistant - Development Office in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the Senior Administrative Assistant position is to provide highly responsible administrative and secretarial work for Foundation and Corporate Relations Program. This position will be proactive and will use administrative skills to facilitate fundraising efforts of the Development Division, organize and coordinate donor-related fundraising activities, maintain and use foundation grants related databases to help the activities of the team, as assigned by supervisor. The individual has to be detail-oriented, self-motivated and possess the drive for data accuracy. Job tasks involve intensive data entry in the donor constituent database for the Foundation and Corporate Relations Program, as well as other programmatic support that involve data capture and tracking from institutional faculty. The individual is expected to have customer-service oriented demeanor to successfully interface with internal and external constituencies, such as faculty members and foundation staff.
- PROGRAMMATIC FUNCTIONS 40%
• Operate additional databases beyond CRM for grant-related activities, including reviewing institutional databases to cross-reference and audit our CRM entries on funded grants submitted by the FCR team staff.
• Coordinating site visits for donors/prospects at the institution in collaboration with the Program Manager and team members; prepare meeting materials, complex calendaring, logistics, as needed.
• Create and monitor research requests and maintain confidential information on donors/prospects and ensure proper filing and use of information.
• Submit grant application forms as required by foundation and corporations.
• Complete special projects, as needed.
- ADMINISTRATIVE/SECRETARIAL DUTIES 40%
• Create/update/maintain detailed constituent profiles on foundations, corporations and their related staff in our donor constituent relationship management (CRM) database. Intensive data entry is expected of this role to follow guidelines, policies and procedure as established by data governance team in the division.
• Manage accuracy of donors/prospects information entry into database to ensure the integrity of system and collaborate with Prospect Research and Management to ensure accurate and timely data input. Assure that pertinent donor/prospect and faculty interaction information is entered in a timely manner.
• Manage all travel and meeting related expenses for the team, including managing invoices, submitting expense reports and helping with travel-related bookings.
• Prepare/proofread/edit correspondence, as needed
• Maintain filing systems (electronic and hard copy-based documentation), generate/authorize/track routine forms and correspondence; handle incoming/outgoing mail.
- SCHEDULING AND TIME MANAGEMENT 20%
• Schedule appointments and effectively manage multiple calendars.
• Work with internal and external constituents to arrange meetings, appointments and maintain complex meeting schedules, especially recurring events.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree.
Required: Five years of administrative/secretarial experience. With preferred degree, one year of required experience.
Preferred: Experience providing administrative support to a team that includes working with data for programmatic purposes, arranging meetings and/or planning events involving a large number of people to include travel arrangements, proficient user of the Microsoft Office package and familiarity the grant application process.
Required: Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 141368
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 49,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 60,200
Science Jobs: No