MD Anderson Cancer Center Senior Research Data Coordinator - Cardiology in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the Senior Coordinator, Research Data position is to provide administrative and patient care services for the coordination of research studies. Coordinates patient data by collaboration with the research team and principal investigator and communication with patients and staff regarding research studies.
1. Data Development and Maintenance:
- Acts as lead in the development and maintenance of systems and databases for controlling data flow for research studies and protocols. Ensures data is collected during phone calls and study visits in the appropriate database per protocol specific timelines and monitors participants' retention and adherence. Maintains schedules for timely submissions of all grant data. Works with faculty, data supervisor, and other research staff to draft manuscripts, abstracts, correspondence, and grant proposals by compiling and abstracting data for protocols. Assists in the preparation of information and reports for grant submission.
2. Data Collection:
- Sees patients referred to the department and reviews the eligibility of potential study cases with the physician. Completes study procedures, data collection, administers questionnaires (in person or over the phone/video conference) and subject interviews as outline in the protocol. Retrieves study data by visually reading patient electronic record and outside documentation and/or by verbally interviewing patients in face-to-face encounters or by telephone. Controls the randomization of patients and ensures follow-up appointments.
3. Regulatory and Quality Assurance:
- Maintains contact with other institutions participating in research studies and coordinates all data. Answers questions and corresponds with study participants via phone, email, or text message. Communicates with PI, supervisor, medical team, data manager and other study personal through oral and written communication. Coordinates studies sponsored by drug companies and the FDA. Responsible for performing quality checks on the data submitted from collaborators.
4. Service Orientation:
- Acts as liaison with patients, families, physicians and other personnel. Orients facility personnel. Provides service to our stakeholders, including patients, caregivers, colleagues and each other in a safe, courteous, accountable, efficient and innovative manner.
Attends planning and educational conferences and workshops. Other duties as required.
Precision required in preparing materials and recording data.
Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills in English when contacting other institutions and agencies (i.e., NCI, pharmaceutical companies, sponsoring agencies, etc.) by phone, computer-generated reports, and/or face to face meetings.
• Sedentary working environment with patient contact and deadlines.
• Will use personal computers with standard word processing, spreadsheet, database and graphics programs computer via the keyboard to prepare reports and other documents.
• Skills required in data management, Excel, electronic medical records, and database software.
• Requires problem solving, time management, critical thinking skills, decision-making, planning and communicating orally and in writing.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Biosciences.
Required: Four years of related experience. With preferred degree, no experience required.
Research study experience obtained from data gathering or related field.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 137960
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 47,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 57,000
Science Jobs: No