MD Anderson Cancer Center Senior Coordinator, Research Data - Immunology in Houston, Texas
Senior Coordinator, Research Data - Immunology
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/13148/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Research at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/research-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-14
VP Science 710388
Requisition #: 117441
The goal of the department of Immunology is to perform multidisciplinary research and educational activities in basic and cancer research.
The ideal candidate will have experience consenting patients for protocols.
The salary range is min $ 38,000 mid $ 47,500 max $ 57,000.
- Completes Human Subjects Research Training and courses on the
informed consent process.
- Effectively screens and consents patients on protocol. Documents
consent process and registers patients in CORe.
- Develops clinical trial schemas for various protocols, which
accurately reflect sample types and collection timepoints for planned
immune monitoring studies.
- Demonstrates precision in interpreting orders and obtaining
appropriate research samples, precision in sample organization,
identification, and labeling, and accuracy in documentation relating to
sample acquisition and distribution.
2. Data Collection:
- Obtains, stores, and/or ships research samples. Remains
knowledgeable of all policies and procedures that are essential to the
collection, storage, and/or shipping of research samples. De-identifies and packages biologic samples, coordinates delivery, and documents
chain of custody.
- Completes and oversees data entry regarding sample collection.
Maintains a file storage system of completed lab requisitions and
related protocol documents. Coordinates source document sharing
with designated personnel from collaborating departments.
3. Professional Growth & Education:
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications,
departmental electronic data systems, and institutional research
- Attends appropriate departmental meetings and institutional
continuing education programs.
- Maintains working knowledge of current Code of Federal Regulation, Good Laboratory Practice, Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, and
Proficient in combining different kinds of collection and clinical data sets.
Other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required: Four years of related experience. May substitute required experience with completed years of college on a one to one basis.
Preferred: Experience with consenting patients.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html