MD Anderson Cancer Center Senior Clinical Investigation Technician in Houston, Texas
Senior Clinical Investigation Technician
The primary purpose of the Sr. CIT position is to independently perform duties in accordance with methodology employed by the CTRC Laboratory. Adheres to unit, institutional and divisional guidelines in the collection, storage, processing and shipment of research samples. In addition to the duties required for a Clinical Investigation Technician, the Senior Clinical Investigation Technician is expected to assist in supervising and coordinating patient specimen collection, processing and shipment. Also, responsible for teamwork involving maintenance of quality control, safety and departmental and institutional standards in the production of analytical data on patients and patient specimens. All information generated must be adequately reviewed for accuracy and precision. Impacts the quality and timeliness of specimen review for CTRC Laboratory pharmacology studies.
· Independently performs all testing in compliance with safety guidelines, policies and procedures while adhering to regulatory mandates. Trains and mentors new employees in the collection, processing and shipment of samples.
· Demonstrates competency in the performance of phlebotomy procedures and/or designated laboratory processing.
· Demonstrates competency in the principles and practice of sample processing and maintenance of processing equipment.
· Accurately enters required data regarding collections into various logs, labels, requisitions and computer systems.
· Remains knowledgeable of all policies and protocols that are essential to the accuracy and timeliness of collection, processing and shipping/storage of research samples.
· Assists with training assigned by supervisory staff.
· Assures quality control data generated is documented according to standard operating procedures.
· Consistently, accurately, and completely records all collections on sample logs, collection data sheets and in all applicable laboratory databases.
· Catalogues all collected samples.
· Accurately records all data necessary for charging of research phlebotomy services.
- Shipping/Inventory Control
· Prepares samples for same day shipping as assigned.
· Accurately completes all shipping requisitions per sponsor guidelines and instructions.
· Promptly reports need for additional supplies or equipment to supervisors and managers.
· Notes expiration dates on all supplies and sterile equipment used.
· Assists with the pick-up and delivery of kits to storage sites as requested or assigned.
· Responsible for teamwork involving maintenance of quality control, safety and departmental and institutional standards in the performance of protocol procedures and production of analytical data on patients and patient specimens.
· Assist with supervision of CITs and participates in recording of collection of samples and shipments in the CTRC Lab tracker.
· Assists as needed in the scheduling of personnel coverage and the delegation of work assignments.
· Performs routine laboratory maintenance functions and assists with management of supplies and equipment.
- Customer Service
· Manages all customer service and peer to peer interactions with tact and diplomacy, actively seeking to resolve issues with both internal and external customers and contacts.
· Documents in manner consistent with information given to the subject/patient.
· Exhibits teamwork in the performing clinical trials tasks and duties.
- Professional Development
· Earns 8.0 hours Continuing Education Credits.
- Other duties assigned
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Education Preferred: Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree.
Experience Required: Five years of phlebotomy experience. Additional education may substitute for up to two years of the required experience on a one to one basis.
Schedule: 11am - 7:30pm
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 128414
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,400
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 48,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 57,600
Science Jobs: No