MD Anderson Cancer Center Research Scientist - Cancer Biology in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the Research Scientist position is to apply technical expertise and experience to plan, coordinate, design, supervise and carry out research projects.
The salary range is min $ 53,200 mid $ 66,500 max $ 79,800
1. Organizes Scientific Research Projects:
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs and participates in scientific
2. Reviews Research Results:
- Assigns and reviews work of subordinates, determines specific goals or objectives to be attained, evaluates resulting research data and revises techniques or approaches to work problems.
3. Maintains Equipment:
- Supervises the design, development or adapting of equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results.
4. Writes Reports:
- Compiles, writes and submits reports to superior.
5. Supervises Lab Equipment:
- Plans and supervises the training of technicians and other laboratory personnel with respect to proper laboratory techniques, the use of laboratory equipment and safety procedures.
6. Other duties as assigned
Required: PhD in one of the natural sciences or related field or Medical degree With PhD, no experience required.
Required: With Medical degree, two years of experience in experimental or scientific work.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html