MD Anderson Cancer Center Research Investigator - Stem Cell Transplantation Research in Houston, Texas
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2019 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
The Research Investigator assists principal investigator with scientific research projects. Functions in a separate and independent manner in the design and initiation of research experiments. Designs, develops or adapts equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results. Determines specific goals or objectives to be obtained, evaluates research data and develops and revises techniques or approaches to work problems. Plans training and research work activity for assigned laboratory and research personnel. Supervises the use of laboratory equipment and implements safety procedures. Compiles, writes and submits project results to superiors.
- Technical Lab Duties:
• Independently handles clinical samples such human blood, tissue, ascites and maintain in a good cryopreservation condition for future research
• Develop and review techniques for immuno-staining and other methods to enhance laboratory operations and assists lab personnel in implementation of new technology
• Collect data and maintain meticulous records of the lab and research and cryo inventory
• Perform tissue culture techniques, function study, molecular biology experiments (DNA/RNA/protein), cell culture drug treatment and be able to analyze all data
- Clinical Protocol Maintenance
• Review and evaluate clinical protocol and translational research data, including laboratory correlative data.
• Ensure that the relevant clinical data is collected at designated stages in the treatment process.
• Monitors laboratory and/or other supplies to ensure sufficient inventor and high quality of reagents to support research projects.
• Trains RAI and RAII personnel on research activities and equipment use.
Other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Preferred: Master's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Required: Five years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, three years of required experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 139191
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 46,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 69,000
Science Jobs: Yes