MD Anderson Cancer Center Research Investigator - Immunology in Houston, Texas
Research Investigator - Immunology
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/13033/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Research at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/research-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-14
VP Science 710388
Requisition #: 117380
The goal of the Immunology department is to perform multidisciplinary research and educational activities in basic and cancer research.
The salary range is min $ 46,000 mid $ 57,500 max $ 69,000
1. Molecular Biology & Tissue Culture:
- Assist Core users with basic design of molecular biology experiments to generate cells expressing the target of interest. The candidate will
perform the generation of transfected/transduced cells expressing the target of interest, a recent service provided by the Core.
- Will perform RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, PCR, DNA gel
purification, ligation, transformation, bacteria colony PCR screening,
- Transfection of plasmids into mammalian cells to produce
- FACS and cell sorting to isolate single cells and FACS screening of
cells with primary antibodies.
- Develop good cell culture practice for cell lines and primary
- Participates in the complete process of monoclonal antibodies
(MAbs) generation, including fusion, screening and purification of the
newly generated antibodies (training will be offered)
- Execute in vitro protocols to MAb generation and characterization
that will include using of a robotic platform (Clonepix) and OCTET for
pharmaco-dynamic evaluation (training will be offered).
2. Analyze Data:
Analyze sequencing data, Blast analysis and generate plasmid maps using DNAstar software.
Determine specific goals or objectives to be obtained, evaluates
research data and develops and revises techniques or approaches to
- Discover solutions to solve technical troubleshooting that might raise during the MAbs generation process.
3. Lab Functions:
- Participate in Core-Core’s users scientific discussion of users’
- Assist the Core Director with Annual Reports and Grant writing for
- Maintain notebooks and other records with clarity and
completeness. Compiles, writes and submits project results to
- Collaborate to maintain laboratory equipment and troubleshoot
- Maintain high laboratory standards with regard to quality and
Analyze data to ensure integrity and efficiency.
Employ safe work practices.
Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Required: Five years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, three years of required experience.
Preferred: Molecular biology experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html