MD Anderson Cancer Center Research Asst II- Sarcoma Medical Oncology in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the Research Assistant II position is to assist PI with scientific research projects focused on vascular sarcomas.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
● Assists PI with scientific research projects focused on vascular sarcomas
● Reads literature and confers with PI regarding new research methods and modifies them according to the needs of the project
● Functions, under supervision, in the design and initiation of research projects
● Assists in research activity for assigned project and training for research personnel
● Submits project results to PI in a timely manner
● Performs other duties pertaining to clinical research as instructed by the PI
● Maintain all regulatory documents for all research projects
● Assist in responding to compliance-related queries as needed
● Utilizes technical writing ability to assist in the composition of abstracts, manuscripts, research projects, reports and other medical/scientific correspondence under the direction of study investigator
● Editing and/or writing sections of protocols, grants and reports as directed by study investigators
● Summarizes findings from the literature, prepares reports and presentations for scientific meetings and conferences
● Reviewing manuscripts before submission to publishing companies
Other duties as assigned
Required Education: Bachelor's degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences.
Master's Level Degree
Two years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. No experience required with preferred degree.
Preferred Experience: Five years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. No experience required with preferred degree.
Onsite Presence: Is Required
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 143073
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 34,400
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 43,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 51,600
Science Jobs: Yes