MD Anderson Cancer Center Project Manager, Finance in Houston, Texas
Ideal candidate will have experience in Finance and ERP (i.e. Peoplesoft, Oracle, SAP).
The primary purpose of the Project Manager is to partner with Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) and external partners to create and maintain business initiative plans from end-to-end, showing an integrated realization of the key deliverables of the business initiative. The Project Manager will also serve as the Business Applications Training and Management Network Lead and monitor the technology, training and organizational change management adoption strategy. The Project Manager will actively work with champions from across MD Anderson organizational groups to enable cross-functional collaboration and a holistic adoption approach. The position requires excellent planning skills, professional judgment, independent decision-making abilities, very strong interpersonal and communication skills, project management skills, and the ability to function under pressure due to time constraints.
JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS
Business Application Initiative Management
• Partner with Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) and external partners to create and maintain business initiative plans from end-to-end, showing an integrated realization of the key deliverables of the business initiative.
• Support Finance workgroup operations and governance related to current PeopleSoft projects and future projects on the roadmap.
• Facilitate RPA requirements gathering with Finance teams to create additional automated processes.
• Define, implement and manage the governance and operational working practices of the business initiative team.
• Identify issues and initiate corrective action as necessary.
• Coordinate management of multiple related workstreams directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives.
• Manage and resolve dependencies between the workstreams of the business initiative.
• Monitor and report overall business initiative status regularly and effectively with all stakeholders, within the team, within the organization, and beyond at regular intervals and on an ad-hoc basis.
Business Application Adoption Operations
• Manage the portfolio of investments that serve common business application learning and adoption needs across MD Anderson.
• Establish and manage the standards for learning, communication, and collaboration for all new business application technology and training adoption initiatives.
• Provide learning insight and expertise for learning strategies.
• Consult on learning platform strategy as well as future technologies for learning, development and performance support within the organization.
• Connect with business partners to identify current trends to technology adoption in order to build effective toolkits and processes for business application training and adoption.
• Ensure impact, relevance, and accountability for all business application technology adoption investments.
• Network to identify, plan, and execute targeted technology and training adoption initiatives.
• Identify and support the implementation of improvement opportunities for business application technology adoption and change management.
Business Application Support
• Monitor, analyze, prioritize and manage the Cherwell PeopleSoft Finance application support queue.
• Define, implement and manage the governance and operational working practices of the Business Applications Training and Management Network
(BATMN) Customization Review Board.
• Analyze and provide feedback on BATMN Customization Requests. Develop project proposals encompassing scope, resources (materials, external services and internal staff) and timeline as well as related tangible and intangible benefits for funding new initiatives.
• Update and continue to enhance Business Applications Central.
• Create and maintain intranet store fronts for multiple finance departments.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field. Eight years of relevant experience in cost accounting and/or decision support with a hospital, consulting firm or related industry, to include three years of project management or supervisory experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Technology or related field. Preferred Education: Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
Preferred Certification: PMP Certification is a plus.
Preferred Experience: Nine years of relevant experience with Financial/ERP Systems or decision support with a hospital, consulting firm or related industry. Previous financial or information system experience with MD Anderson a plus.
Onsite Presence: Is Not Required (Currently Remote)
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 141624
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 94,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 118,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 142,200
Science Jobs: No