MD Anderson Cancer Center Program Manager - Protocol Review & Reporting in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The Program Manager in Protocol Review & Reporting manages the daily operations of the Office. Assists Director with personnel issues and actions, policy/procedure and other requests. Assists Director in preparing, justifying and administering departmental budget and forecasting. Interfaces with other departments within the Office of Clinical Research Administration to support daily operations or assist in resolving issues concerning daily operations. Manages operating procedures for assigned initiatives. Reviews reports for data quality and efficiencies. Maintains metrics for department, working in collaboration with departmental leadership.
Quality Assurance & project support
· Conducts self-audits of processes and reports findings to departmental leadership as needed
· Collaborates with the Director, OPRQR to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure that all revenue programs, CCSG grant information and research service discounts are applied and tracked appropriately
· Assists Director in the planning and organization of educational activities, conference and seminars.
· Responsible for the design, execution and effectiveness of programs that will support the Office of Protocol Review & Reporting initiatives.
· Directs the preparation of reports and other documentation required for OPRR. Collaborates with all sections to provide applicable guidance and support to managers and staff.
Management of reporting required by OPRR
· Reviews reports generated from electronic systems for data quality deficiencies and makes recommendations to management as appropriate
· Validates data within reports to enhance data quality and integrity
· Participates in strategic planning initiatives that provides service and support, includes working with senior management to identify and initiate plans that address long term institutional goals.
· Maintains departmental metrics spreadsheet and distributing as needed
· Assists Director and Managers in maintaining org charts for the all areas of Office of Protocol Research and updating as needed
· Manages all processes related to the Protocol Review & Approval Fee Structure which includes all fee waiver tracking for applicable studies
· Reconciling monthly fiscal activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling other requirements as assigned by Director.
· Devises and maintains human resources departmental policies and procedures
· Maintaining administrative files
· Maintaining human resource files
This position requires:
Working in Office Environment
Working in Patient Care Unit (e.g. Nursing unit; outpatient clinic)
Indicate the time required to do each of the following physical demands:
Up to 10 lbs
10lbs to 50 lbs
More than 50 lbs
Up to 10 lbs
10lbs to 50 lbs
More than 50 lbs
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Preferred: Master's degree in Business, Healthcare or related field.
Required: Five years of related program management experience. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience or completed years of college on a one to one basis. With preferred degree, three years of required experience.
Preferred: Five years research experience with extensive knowledge of regulatory processes: IRB and Scientific Review. Must be well versed in excel, reporting, analytics, Core and PDOL.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 125939
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 69,900
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 87,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 104,400