MD Anderson Cancer Center PBS Associate - Customer Service in Houston, Texas
This position is in the PBS - Customer Service Department.
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
Business Services Specialist – Customer Service
Function: Provide professional expertise to resolve all patient inquiries.
Scope: Impacts PBS relative to patient satisfaction and accounts receivables management. Works with patients, providers, insurance companies and appropriate areas within PBS to facilitate resolution of patient concerns and issues.
• Must be able to address patients' inquiries via phone in a high volume call center or address inquiries with direct patient encounter
• Document all requests and inquiries clearly and completely in the billing system
• Set up payment plans and process credit card payments
• Print and mail all requests for itemized statements and claim forms
• Update weekly demographics relating to bad addresses and return mail
• Work and distribute correspondences via fax and Onbase
• Update death notice report
• Follow up on assigned work queues-missed payment plans & Self Pay (90-120 days)
• QA Collection Agencies Invoices and agency placements and follow up on bankruptcies
• Perform administrative support by mailing, faxing, emailing, scanning and documenting requests.
• Ensures PHI/HIPAA compliance Productivity and QA
• Adheres to the requirements on the annual expectation memo
• Must maintain at least achieves on the quarterly report cards
Required: High school diploma.
Preferred: Associate's degree.
Required: Three years of experience in billing, insurance follow-up, or collections in a medical or hospital business office setting. Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html