MD Anderson Cancer Center Instructional Designer in Houston, Texas
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2018 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
Designs, develops and delivers educationally sound curricular products, instruction (didactic and computer-based), and training activities using adult learning theory. Consults with clinical and non-clinical subject matter experts to develop and perform complex needs assessments for educational interventions and course development throughout the institution. Works with content experts and team members to develop design documents and instructional products, using industry standard tools. Develops and implements reliable and valid educational assessment tools. Determines learner achievement at a variety of assessment levels. Analyzes qualitative and quantitative data to inform scholarly activity.
Curricular Product Development
• Apply knowledge of instructional design in the support of faculty, educators, and learners, with effective use of multimedia (graphics, audio, video, animations).
• Maintains proficiency in existing and emerging education science, technologies and clinical applications, including basic theory, design, and implementation.
• Conducts needs assessments to identify and address gaps and opportunities.
• Uses authoring tools (Storyline, Captivate) to develop standards-based curricular products that meets stakeholder needs and allows for program.
• Leads review sessions for educational products, facilitating discussion and translating feedback into actionable design/development tasks.
Leads in the evaluation of learner performance before, during, and after learning experiences
• Works with clients, other TIPS Education Center staff, content experts and reviewers, and target audience representatives to develop and evaluate courses with a focus on continually updating and improving learner knowledge
Project Planning and Coordination
• Consults with clients to design, pilot, and implement courses/programs to include scheduling, enrollment, and course evaluation.
• Works with clients, other TIPS Education Center staff, content experts and reviewers, and target audience representatives to develop and evaluate courses to continually update and improve courses
• Independently, and as part of a team, assists faculty, educators, and learners in the utilization of education resources.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred : Bachelor's degree in instructional design, curriculum development or related field.
Experience: Three years of experience analyzing, developing, designing, implementing, and evaluating training programs and/or delivering application training. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 142725
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 68,400
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 85,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 102,600
Science Jobs: No