MD Anderson Cancer Center Immunotherapy Research Investigator ( Cell Therapy) in Houston, Texas
ORBIT (Oncology Research for Biologics and Immunotherapy Translation) is a novel organization within the MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, with the mission of making MDACC a recognized leader in the discovery and development of innovative biologics that help patients to prevail over cancer disease. ORBIT is a centralized MDACC organization that will guide, inform, accelerate and execute the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant cancer bio-therapeutics. We are committed to biologics development with industry standard and aim line of sight for combining scientific excellence with commercialization.
The successful candidate will join the program biology group at ORBIT. With little supervision, the person is expected to plan and execute experiments aimed at validating and characterizing drug targets with the purpose of developing novel therapeutic antibodies for cancer. The person should demonstrate independent and creative thinking and the capacity to understand and breakdown complex biological systems to components that can be used in answering specific questions. The work will involve designing expression vectors, testing protein expression by various means, setting up and validating cell based assays, writing SOPs, and using different data analysis software. Strong attention to details and ability to interpret data objectively is critical. Individual will demonstrate strong communication skills while presenting data internally and to partners. Drug development is a group effort and ability to work as part of team is a must.
• Participates in cross-functional research to identify and validate novel oncology targets, and translate these finding into therapeutic antibodies to benefit patients.
• The candidate will ensure scientific excellence, quality and completeness of programs. It is expected that the candidate will utilize his/her expertise to generate internal and external collaborations as necessary to further program goals.
• The candidate will be responsible for driving the oncology biologics programs in a multidisciplinary research team in an exciting team environment.
• Represent ORBIT externally through presentations at key National/International meetings, interactions with MDACC and outside investigators and clinicians.
Required: Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, enzymology, pharmacology, chemistry or related field.
Required: Six years experience of relevant research experience in laboratory With Master's degree, four years of required experience. With a PhD in a natural science or Medical degree, no experience required.
• Industry experience in Biotech or Pharma is highly desired.
• Prior experience in cancer and immuno-oncology research.
• Previous skill in generating and characterizing therapeutic antibodies and cell therapy are preferred.
• Strong background in:
Cell culture techniques
Molecular biology (designing, cloning and expressing plasmids)
Lentiviral vector design and construction
Immunology based assays (immune cells isolation, activation, suppression, and proliferation, MLR etc)
Protein analysis (Flow cytometry, western, IP, protein quantifications, ELISA, EliSpot, Multiplex assays)
Experience in CAR-T engineering and characterization
• Ability to multitask and to adapt to change.
• Great attention to details.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
• Strong communication and organization skills.
• Demonstrated record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement as demonstrated by scientific publications.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 138360
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 85,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 106,250
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 127,500
Science Jobs: Yes