MD Anderson Cancer Center Grant Program Coordinator - Translational Molecular Pathology in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the Grant Program Coordinator position is to provide administrative support for all pre and post award activities.
Caring: By our words and actions we demonstrate caring toward everyone.
We are sensitive to the concerns of our patients, their loved ones and our colleagues.
We are respectful and courteous to each other and practice cultural humility.
We promote and reward teamwork and inclusion.
Integrity: We work together with professionalism to merit the trust of our colleagues and those we serve in all that we do.
We hold ourselves, and each other, accountable for our work - decisions and data - and for practicing our values and ethics.
We advocate for diversity and equity for our workforce, for those we serve and for our community.
We communicate frequently, honestly, openly and responsibly.
Discovery: We embrace creativity and seek new knowledge from diverse perspectives.
We encourage continuous learning, seeking out information and new ideas.
We team with each other to identify and resolve problems.
We seek personal growth and enable others to do so.
Safety: We provide a safe environment - physically and psychologically - for our patients, for our colleagues and for our community.
We create a sense of security and empowerment and are committed to keeping one another free from harm.
We embrace a framework and best practices for the highest quality of care and service.
We inspire trust by modeling excellence in our work and acceptance of each person's contributions.
Stewardship: We protect and preserve our institutional reputation and the precious resources - people, time, financial and environmental - entrusted to us.
We prioritize the health and well-being of each other.
We act responsibly to safeguard the institution's finances.
We ensure the proper care and use of time, data, materials, equipment and property afforded to us .
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Assist with the planning and preparation of grants and contract proposals.
• Provide guidance and assistance to investigators in the interpretation of funding agency regulations and requirements.
• Requires current and ongoing knowledge of grant and contract funding policies, regulations, and procedures.
• Coordinate, create and/or prepare routine research administrative and financial reports as required.
• Review expenditures and account balances for specified departmental company centers.
• Actively participate in complex account review, tracking and analysis, cost projections, status reports, identification of potential problems and associated resolution.
Financial Reporting and Reconciliation
• Coordinates, creates and/or prepares routine administrative, research, and financial reports as required.
• Review expenditures and account balances for specified departmental company centers. Requires complex account review, tracking and analysis, cost projections, status reports, identification of potential problems and associated resolution.
• Creates and maintains databases for departmental research programs to manage research information activities, e.g. pending and funded projects, pre and post award information/activities, participant incentive activities, and effort certification.
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree. Three years of extensive administrative experience. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one year basis. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 139584
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 52,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 65,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 78,000
Science Jobs: No