MD Anderson Cancer Center Executive Assistant - Fac Mgt EHS Administration in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the Executive Assistant is to serve as an assistant to Associate V.P. of Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability and Emergency Management (EHSSEM). Provides administrative support of a complex nature handling highly confidential information and maintains its confidential state, facilitates meetings and administrative activities led by the AVP, prioritizes and exhibits flexibility in organizing time sensitive meetings involving the AVP. The position positively impacts management of the business affairs, operations, and administration of the AVP office.
Administrative Support to AVP
• Acts independently as an assistant to an executive, handling highly confidential correspondence and information.
• Schedules, prioritizes, and maintains calendar, travel itinerary, meetings/conferences, maintains confidential files, creates and maintain appropriate filing systems, prepares meeting agendas
• Initiates meeting notifications, postponement, cancellations, reminders for meetings led or involving the AVP. Exhibits flexibility when necessary.
• Receives, places, screens and transfers calls using appropriate telephone etiquette; responds to telephone information requests with courtesy, accuracy and respect for confidentiality.
• Establish priorities and deadlines for completion of projects, and works with Office Manager to manage overflow work and responsibilities.
• Identifies and communicates any current or potential problem areas to AVP/Office Manager for resolution.
• Coordinates, leads, and participates in special projects, independently analyzes problems and makes decisions affecting the department.
• Compose formal and informal correspondence and documents, creates, edits, and formats presentation, and compiles reports, create graphics, charts and tables as needed.
• Maintains the AVP's memberships, licenses and certifications.
• Arranges all travel preparations (scheduling airline reservations and hotel accommodations). Ensure that all expenditures are processed according to institutional guidelines. Process any necessary documentation for reimbursement.
• Coordinate educational programs, complex conferences and workshops, as needed.
• Acts as FM Portal Content Manager which consists of developing and maintaining sites and pages.
• Monitors activity on the departmental funds; reconciles the accounts monthly and maintains the expenditures and reconciliation records for the account.
• Responsible for entering, tracking and following up on purchase requisitions, assuring all purchase orders are issued, paid and closed in a timely and accurate manner. This includes keeping proper documentation for invoices, receiving documents and all back-up that is required for reconciliation.
• Compiles data and prepares reports as needed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Process and makes travel arrangements, reimbursements, license renewals etc.
• Enters information in electronic purchase requisition system ensuring compliance with institutional policies and procedures.
• Handles ProCard purchases and reconciliations for the department.
• Serves as back up to the Office Manager and provides administrative support for specific human resource activities when needed. Processes personnel paperwork for recruitment. Sets interviews, prepares question matrix, calculates interview scores and maintains the record from the interviews.
• Plans, organizes and coordinate special functions/events including on/off site departmental functions, employee recognition and educational programs, including but not limited to planning, coordinating logistics, scheduling visits, arranging facilities and catering.
• Coordinates, tracks and follows up on assignments and special projects on an on-going basis.
• Serves as time-keeper for AVP direct reports. Reviews timecards weekly, and manually enters edits in Kronos.
• Responsible for department's asset management including asset transfer transactions, computer lease refresh activities and participates in Facilities Management's annual asset inventory reporting/activities. Assures all copies of asset transfers and computer refreshes are sent to the department asset coordinator.
• Supervises Receptionist/Administrative Asst
Required: High school diploma or equivalent. Five years of administrative/secretarial experience supporting a leadership/executive level position.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 128372
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 44,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57,400
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 70,000