MD Anderson Cancer Center Educational Specialist - TIPS Education Center in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the TIPS Educational Specialist is to work with stakeholders at all levels to design, deliver and evaluate effective educational media components to support learning activities and interventions produced by CPE and TIPS, in order to build competency in healthcare professionals, contributing to quality improvement, safety and patient care.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Applies appropriate learning methodology to plan, develop and evaluate educational products for continuing professional education learning events, courses, curricula and special projects.
• Designs and develops relevant, effective and engaging educational media products using principles of UX design and adult learning theory.
• Creates original educational media in support of approved CPE and TIPS projects. This includes, but is not limited to graphics, animations, simulations, audio, video, and other digital assets.
• Leads review sessions for educational products, facilitating discussion and translating feedback into actionable design/development tasks.
• Maintains expertise on advances in professional education, including standards, industry trends, emerging technologies (AR/VR/XR), software tools, digital platforms and education systems.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Business, Education, Psychology, Training & Development, Instructional Design or related field.
Preferred: Master's degree in Instructional Design, Educational Media or related field.
Required: Three years of experience in related field in a business or healthcare environment. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis
Three years of experience in a related field in a business or healthcare environment, designing and developing a broad range of educational media components using industry-standard tools. Strong background in camera operations (DSLR, RED, steady cams, 360, etc.), linear and non-linear editing (e.g, Final Cut, Premiere, Avid), audio production, and studio and field lighting.
Experience with rapid authoring tools (Articulate, Captivate) and web editing experience are highly preferred.
Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with motion graphics/animation software (e.g., AfterEffects). Experience creating AR/VR/XR simulations for education.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 139458
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 52,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 65,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 78,000
Science Jobs: No