MD Anderson Cancer Center Director, Perioperative Nursing in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
Reporting Associate Vice President, Procedures and Therapeutics Ops to the in collaboration with the Vice President & Chief Nursing Officer and Medical Director, Perioperative Services, the primary purpose of the Director, Perioperative Nursing, is to provide strategic leadership directing overall clinical operations, personnel, and administration of the perioperative environment. Perioperative OR Nursing consists of the Main OR and Mays OR-Ambulatory Surgery. Responsibilities include all aspects of patient safety clinical operations, education, customer service, human resources, finance, quality outcome management and regulatory compliance. The Director will also develop and maintain collegial and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the institution to positively impact patient care outcomes. The director will be part of collaborative to support direction for main campus surgical expansion and regionalization.
- Clinical Operations
• Develops, implements, and directs processes and systems to ensure effective and efficient operations in collaboration with surgeons and anesthesiologists.
• Anticipates operational/service barriers; develops strategies to minimize obstacles. Recognizes and takes advantage of opportunities;
• Oversees patient care operations including issues related to scheduling and customer service.
• Ensures appropriate physical resource utilization including space management and planning, asset and facilities management, and inventory control.
• Ensures compliance with institutional and Joint Commission and other regulatory agency standards.
• Builds trust and collaborative relationships with Physicians, nursing colleagues, staff, peers, and other disciplines.
• Through data analysis, collaboration and negotiation creates efficient, user friendly and cost effective systems and approaches to patient care.
- Nursing Leadership
• Directs the professional practice of nursing care within Perioperative Services to ensure optimal, safe, effective patient care and ensure compliance with professional standards;
• Develops and implements refined Standards of Nursing Practice for the perioperative environment.
• Serves in a nursing leadership role within the institution and the health care community.
- Personnel Management
• Directs all facets of human resource activity within Perioperative Nursing;
• Ensures the appropriate utilization of all personnel;
• Establishes and implements plans to promote the professional development of employees.
• Through successful management of resources, assures that the orientation, education, certification and retention needs of the staff are met.
- Financial Management
• Prepares, administers, and justifies the Perioperative Nursing budget within institutional guidelines and implements the POS's strategic plan in collaboration with members of the management team;
• Prepares, reviews and reconciles financial information;
• Oversees expenditures to ensure cost-effective allocation of resources.
Required: Master's degree in nursing, business or related field
Required: Current State of Texas Professional Nursing license (RN)
Preferred: CNOR Certification
Required: Minimum of eight (8) years of clinical/management experience in a complex surgical services environment, to include five (5) years of experience as a Director of Perioperative Services in a large teaching hospital, with 15 or more operating rooms.
Preferred: Four (4) years of management experience.
Director, Perioperative Nursing It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 143324
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 0
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 0
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 0