MD Anderson Cancer Center DI Services Coordinator in Houston, Texas
THE SHIFT FOR THIS POSITION IS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY(8:00AM-4:30PM); MONDAY-WEDNESDAY(10:30AM-7:00PM)
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, Research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the DI Services Coordinator is to provide assistance and coordinate all tasks associated within this patient area. The DI Service Coordinator impacts patient care services throughout MDACC.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Patient Interaction:
• Greets, orients and answers questions.
• Advises patients and family members of available services.
• Schedule patient visits, physician appointments, diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments.
• Assist patients with financial inquires or direct them to the appropriate personnel or department.
• Responsible for the security and confidentiality of patient information at all times.
• Handles and processes a complex and varied series of documents and situations.
- Communication with patients and multidisciplinary teams:
• Transcribe and coordinate physician orders.
• Communicates pertinent information regarding appointments, scheduling, and necessary preparations to patients, families, physicians, team members and other patient care areas.
• Provides direction, support, and training to staff, both, internal and external to DI to facilitate and implement patient care plan.
• Communicates all changes, policies and procedures relative to the immediate area and section.
• Demonstrates highly developed organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
• Effectively utilize the RIS, Statusboards, and other pertinent computer software applications to ensure maximum efficiency for patients and staff.
• to others at all times
Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education: 2 Year College Degree
Experience: Three years customer service experience. May substitute additional education for required experience on a one to one basis. Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
Preferred Experience: Experience in a patient care or healthcare administration setting.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Employee Status: Regular
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 33,200
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 41,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 49,800