MD Anderson Cancer Center Coord, Research Data - Leukemia in Houston, Texas
Coord, Research Data - Leukemia
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/13096/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Research at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/research-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-14
Cancer Medicine 135100
Requisition #: 117002
The Department of Leukemia is dedicated to quality patient care, innovative research, and developing more effective treatments for all types of leukemia. Clinical research conducted by our faculty and staff consistently translates into new leukemia therapies and advances overall knowledge of the disease.
The Research Data Coordinator provides administrative and patient care services for the coordination of research studies.
Salary range is: min-$33,200, mid-$41,500 and max-$49,800.
• Abstracts and collects patient data from electronic health record and other relevant source documents.
• Enters research study data into PDMS, CORe and other paper or electronic case report forms or local data systems as required
• Performs ongoing and concurrent review of data to ensure completeness and accuracy; addresses data entry omissions or inconsistencies and amends errors in a timely manner
• Provides data for study progress and patient safety reports, such as IRB continuing reviews and IND reports
• Follows and adheres to department and sponsor guidelines to accomplish and complete daily work.
Clinical Trials Coordination
• Consults with principal investigator and other department personnel verbally, in handwritten notes or via keyboard on computer regarding ongoing studies; requires ability to gather information and determine the appropriate information to report
• Participates in protocol site initiation meetings and attends departmental or institutional research meetings as well as approved off-site meetings or conferences
• Coordinates with research staff to identify and address any study-related issues, including but not limited to inadequate or missing source documentation, adverse event reporting and protocol deviations or violations
• Acts as a liaison with research team, caregivers, patients as well as other institutions and agencies
• Maintains a level of professional expertise and credibility through attendance at both institutional and outside continuing education programs
• Tracks and manages all relevant protocol paperwork and essential documents in accordance with sponsor requirements and institutional policies and procedures
• Creates, maintains, and provides status reports to departmental contracts and budgets team members to help facilitate appropriate study payment
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills when contacting other institutions and agencies (i.e., NCI, pharmaceutical companies, sponsoring agencies, etc.) by phone, computer-generated reports and/or face to face
• Prepares reports for the sponsoring agency, as specified by reporting requirements (e.g., monthly, quarterly, semiannually, and annually).
• Coordinates and participates in monitoring visits and internal or external audits to ensure objectives are met
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required: Two years of related experience. May substitute required experience with completed years of college on a one to one basis.
Preferred: Previous research study experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html