MD Anderson Cancer Center Clinical Invest Technician - CTRC Lab in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the CIT position is to provide blood collection, processing and shipping services for research patients whose samples are collected in the department.
• Demonstrates competency in the performance of phlebotomy procedures and/or designated laboratory processing.
• Demonstrates competency in the principles and practice of sample processing and maintenance of processing equipment.
• Accurately enters required data regarding collections into various logs, labels, requisitions and computer systems.
• Remains knowledgeable of all policies and protocols that are essential to the accuracy and timeliness of collection, processing and shipping/storage of research samples.
• Assists with training assigned by supervisory staff.
• Assures quality control data generated is documented according to standard operating procedures.
• Consistently, accurately, and completely records all collections on sample logs, collection data sheets and in all applicable laboratory databases.
• Catalogues all collected samples.
• Accurately records all data necessary for charging of research phlebotomy services.
• Prepares samples for same day shipping as assigned.
• Accurately completes all shipping requisitions per sponsor guidelines and instructions.
• Promptly reports need for additional supplies or equipment to supervisors and managers.
• Notes expiration dates on all supplies and sterile equipment used.
• Assists with the pick-up and delivery of kits to storage sites as requested or assigned.
• Assumes personal accountability to have all samples collected and all documentation reviewed for accuracy and completeness prior to storage or other sample disposition.
• Requests assistance when competing priorities interfere with the accurate and complete collection or required samples.
• Accurately and honestly documents completion of protocol mandated tasks, reasons for non-performance or variances in the performance of tasks.
• Checks indication that consent is or is not signed for all required and optional sampling.
• Adheres to all mandated JCAHO patient safety requirements, guidelines for safe handling of cytotoxic agents and biological hazards and all other applicable regulatory requirements, including hand washing and proper use required personal protective garb/equipment.
• Asks questions when unsure and follows the directives of supervisors and internal lab resources.
• Manages all customer service and peer to peer interactions with tact and diplomacy, actively seeking to resolve issues with both internal and external customers and contacts.
• Documents in manner consistent with information given to the subject/patient.
• Exhibits teamwork in the performing clinical trials tasks and duties.
Annual completion of four continuing education units/contact hours.
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience Required: Three years of phlebotomy experience. Additional education may substitute for up to two years of the required experience on a one to one basis.
Schedule: Hours: 11pm - 7:30a Lunch: 30mins Training: Days
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Employee Status: Regular
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 33,200
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 41,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 49,800