MD Anderson Cancer Center Clinical Dietitian in Houston, Texas
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/13698/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Allied Health at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/allied-health-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-9
VP Clinical Support Svcs Area 710378
Requisition #: 118304
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is ranked the nation’s top hospital for cancer care by U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals.” MD Anderson’s mission is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation and the world through exceptional programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention.
Salary range: min-$50,800 mid-$63,500 max-$76,200
This Clinical Dietitian (RD) position is responsible for providing outpatient nutrition care at MD Anderson Cancer Center main campus. This Clinical RD must be proficient in all areas of clinical nutrition assessment and care as coverage for all outpatient areas including clinical assessment of patients referred after triage of patient calls, nutrition risk screens and same day MD consults. This Clinical RD works independently but communicates and collaborates with the triage team in Clinical Nutrition, the management team and all dietitians in the Department of Clinical Nutrition, as well as physicians and health care team members in all outpatient clinics.
This position assists the Triage Dietetic Technician which is the frontline contact with patients via phone calls, referrals, secure messaging, etc as an effort to meet the needs of our oncology patients. As the triage RD, once potential nutrition risk is identified, this position is responsible for consulting with or scheduling the patient to assure continuity of care.
KEY FUNCTIONS: Includes but is not limited to:
· Provides coverage to all outpatient clinics and inpatient areas as needed to assure continuity of patient care in the absence of the primary center dietitian.
· Reviews electronic patient needs assessments, consults and referrals, patient secured messaging, as received and triages patient nutrition needs according to standards.
· Assists with coordinating home enteral nutrition supplies and schedules follow up appointments for patients on Home Enteral Nutrition Support.
· Provides quality nutrition care in relation to the patient’s diagnosis, treatment, age group, nutrition status, and other needs in both an acute care environment, and/or within the clinics as appropriate.
· Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team individually and in meetings in recommending, implementing, and monitoring of nutrition interventions.
· Serves as preceptor for students, interns, and observers within the department and/or as a contributing educator to another department.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or related field. Completion of an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics approved dietetic internship or its equivalent.
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Nutrition or related field.
Preferred: 1-2 years of experience in a clinical nutrition position preferably including oncology care.
Required: Current Registered Dietitian (RD) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Current Licensed Dietitian (LD) with the Texas State Board of Examiners of Dietitians
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html