MD Anderson Cancer Center Biologics - Materials Management Associate II in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
Materials Management Associate II will assist Materials Management personnel to support manufacturing operations, product shipping, and component receiving to ensure inventory accuracy and timely supply of materials to manufacturing production rooms to meet demands. Materials Management Associate II will also be responsible in managing, and maintaining cellular immunotherapies warehouse and inventory management system.
• Plan, oversee, and participate in the materials management operations and activities to support Production operations team and other internal customers
• Manage the day-to-day assignments of store room and offsite warehouse job tasks and monitor completion of required activities
• Receive incoming shipments of non-GMP/GMP materials and equipment following established procedures
• Dispense and kit GMP materials to support production operations
• Submit and follow up on replenishment requisitions for GMP materials
• Prepare and deliver raw materials, samples, finished product, etc. to various departments as needed ensuring proper procedure and temperature range are followed
• Maintain accurate inventory of GMP materials by performing accurate dispensing transactions
• Perform, schedule, and verify inventory cycle counts
• Perform accurate ERP and manual inventory transactions
• Track and ensure completion of team projects
• Handle final and incoming product shipments
• Monitor Kanban area to ensure adequate replenishment of materials
• Communicate inventory discrepancies to supervisor and escalate as necessary
• Capable of performing duties with little to no supervision
• Capable of Cross-training in all areas of the warehouse operations (ie. Receiving, Inventory Management, Kitting, Shipping)
• Pick, Pack, and Ship finished product, materials, and equipment as required per established policies and procedures
• Ensure individual employee training is up to date
• Adhere to all safety and GMP procedures and requirements at all times
• Keep warehouse operation clean and inspection ready at all times
• Other duties as assigned
Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Required: Two years of relevant experience. With Master's degree, no experience required. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis.
Preferred: Two years experience in pharmaceutical or biotech materials management.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 139731
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 48,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 67,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 86,000
Science Jobs: No