MD Anderson Cancer Center Associate III, Analytical Development in Houston, Texas
MDACC is investing in Biologics Development capabilities with the goal to develop industrial biologics with a commercial horizon within the innovative environment of an academic cancer center. The group will be a composite of industry veterans who are interested in applying their experience to develop innovative therapeutics and see them impact patients, as well as academics looking to turn science into products. Our unique approach has created a biotech-like engine within the walls of the nation's leading cancer center to bring life-saving medicines to our patients more quickly and effectively.
This Associate will focus on Analytical Development of cell and gene therapies and is a key talent reporting to the Head of Analytical Development and Characterization. The successful candidate will contribute to assay development and product characterization of adoptive cell therapies, with major efforts to:
• Plan, organize and execute lab activities including mammalian cell culture, ELISA, flow cytometry and/or PCR.
• Maintain thorough, accurate and organized electronic lab notebooks.
• Perform analysis of experimental data and compile results.
• Contribute in maintaining an efficient and safe laboratory environment.
• Write and revise protocols for equipment and general laboratory practices.
• Troubleshoot technical issues including planning and implementing resolutions.
• Maintain technical proficiency and seek new knowledge to assess novel methods as needed.
Since this is a new team being assembled, the successful candidate will be on the ground floor of building an team that will be critical in developing therapeutics rapidly going into the clinic to treat patients.
The successful candidate has experience with primary mammalian cell culture and associated techniques. Additional relevant technical skills include ELISA, flow cytometry and/or PCR, though there will be thorough training available once on the team. The successful candidate will have strengths in thorough documentation and data analysis, as well as oral & written communication.
Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Preferred: Master's degree in a related scientific / engineering field.
Required: Three years of relevant experience. With Master's degree, one year of experience required.
• Experience in cell-based analytical techniques, particularly as related to cell therapies.
• Experience with primary mammalian cell culture and related analytical techniques such as ELISA, flow cytometry and/or PCR.
• Experience maintaining thorough documentation and performing data analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to execute responsibilities to meet schedules and deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Demonstrated strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and a superior drive for results.
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 139760
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 64,500
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 80,750
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 97,000
Science Jobs: Yes