MD Anderson Cancer Center Associate Director, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Programs in Houston, Texas
Associate Director, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Programs
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/13470/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Nursing at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/nursing-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-7
Division of Nursing 900088
Requisition #: 118047
Associate Director, Advanced Practiced RegisteredNurse (APRN) Programs
In collaboration with the Advanced Practice Nursing Program Director, implements plans to achieve programs that align with institutional and divisional strategic initiatives. Maintains collaborative relationships with advanced practice registered nurses, institutional leaders and departments to assure the advancement of organizational goals, programs and projects. Serves as the Program Director for the Post-Graduate Fellowship in Oncology Nursing Program. Participates in and contributes to activities that support advanced practice nursing programs at MD Anderson Cancer Center and in the nursing community. Collaborates and participates in research initiatives and aligns APRN scholarly activities in research, quality improvement, and translation of evidence to practice to the research priorities of the department. Mentors APRNs in the dissemination of scholarly activities through publishing and presenting in institutional, local and national forums and in becoming subject matter experts. Facilitates activities that assist the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse community in maintaining compliance with professional and regulatory requirements including the State Board of Nursing and Nurse Practice Act; and other state, national and professional requirements. Participates on institutional committees and in institutional initiatives. Contributes to the professional goals and activities of the Sr. Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer and the Division of Nursing; and Directors, Administrators, Midlevel Managers and Supervisors responsible for the delivery of Advance Practice Nursing services.
Ideal candidatewill have a Master’s degree in Nursing or related field; Doctorate in Nursingor health related field. Current TX RN license and written authorization fromthe Texas Board of Nursing to function as an Advanced Practice RegisteredNurse. Five years of experience as anAdvanced Practice Registered Nurse including two years of oncology care. Two yearsof leadership or management experience and prior experience in leadinginstitutional APRN programs.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
APRN Programs & Practice
• Provides support for APRN Programs including the functions and operations maintained within the office.
• Assists in the development of new programs such as Transition to Professional Practice APRN Mentorship Program.
• Participates in activities to support advanced practice registered nurses including regularly scheduled meetings, professional development programs, recognition programs, website, and professional development model, and other programs or activities as needed.
• Participates in APRN shared governance committees: APRN Council, Credentialing, Education, PDM, Practice and Competency Leadership, and Orientation.
• Collaborates with the Advanced Practice Nursing Program Director, Division of Nursing, Division of Human Resources, The Medical Staff & Credentialing Services Office and appropriate institutional committees in the development and implementation of institutional policies and procedures that are specific to Advanced Practice Registered Nurse staff members.
• Functions as a licensed and credentialed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in a proportion necessary to maintain licensure as an APRN. Required to maintain licensure, certification and continuing education as dictated by the APRN license.
• Assists with addressing institutional APRN policy and practice issues.
• Assists with addressing safety events related to APRN practice in Safety Intelligence and attends daily safety briefings.
APRN Education, Training & Research
• Assists with development and management of clinical, education and training programs as assigned.
• Serves as the Program Director of the Post-Graduate Fellowship in Oncology Nursing Program This includes candidate selection; Fellow education and training; clinical practicum placement, practice oversight, curriculum design, and data analysis of outcome measured.
• Collaborates and participates in research initiatives and aligns APRN scholarly activities in research, quality improvement, and translation of evidence to practice to the research priorities of the department.
• Mentors APRNs in the dissemination of scholarly activities through publishing and presenting in institutional, local and national forums and in becoming subject matter experts.
• Collaborates with Nursing Workforce Development related to policies and practices of APRN students.
• Provides support and resources for APRN preceptors.
• Participates as assigned on institutional committees and in institutional initiatives related to advanced practice nursing.
• Assists in measuring and analyzing the institutional contributions of APRNs including committee membership and participation and professional accomplishments as identified in the Professional Development Model and assists in development of a framework for measuring APRN practice outcomes
Other duties asassigned
Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field.
Preferred Education: Master’s degree in Nursing or related field; Doctorate in Nursing or health related field
Preferred Certification: APRN accreditation
Experience: Five (5) years of professional nursing or healthcare experience to include two (2) years in cancer care and two (2) years of management experience.
Preferred Experience: Five (5) years of experience as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse including two (2) years of oncology care. Minimum of two (2) years of leadership or management experience. Prior experience in leading institutional APRN programs.
Licensure/CertificationRequired: Current license and/or certification as defined by the Texas Board of Nursing (TBON) for field of clinical study and/or National certification in Oncology and/or Administration.
Licensure/CertificationPreferred: Written authorization from the Texas Board of Nursing to function as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html