MD Anderson Cancer Center Administrative Assistant - General Oncology in Houston, Texas
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2018 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
The primary purpose of the Administrative Assistant position is to provide complex administrative support and secretarial duties requiring independent judgment within general guidelines. Involves problem solving, reasoning, independent decision-making, analyzing, planning and communicating orally and in writing.
· Provides administrative support for the faculty in the Department of General Oncology. This includes but is not limited to:
o Managing domestic and international travel in institutional travel management system (Concur),
o Faculty Information System (FIS) maintenance
o CV updates
o Submissions of expenses for reimbursement
o PRS reconciliations
o Calendar scheduling
o Supports the faculty to schedule, make travel arrangements and special projects assistance for the department.
· Creates and maintains program files, compile reports and other project information.
· Composes formal and informal correspondence, including, but not limited to, creating and formatting presentations.
· Maintains e-mail groups and label lists for marketing projects and mail-outs to all internal departments, work groups, and other program participants
· Participates in the distribution and inventory maintenance of print materials
· Assisting with timekeeping
· Licensures/memberships renewals
· Provide excellent customer service to departmental visitors
· Managing conference room(s)
· Make reservations for lunch/dinner meetings
· Maintains e-mail distribution lists
· Prepares supplies for all events and heads on-site logistical set-u
· Manages sign-in sheets/registration for event(s)
· Assist with conference needs
· Attends meetings, prepares agendas, and reports minutes
· Participates in departmental administrative staff meetings
· Completes other duties as assigned
· Support Department Chair and Department Administrator
· Preparing and processing purchasing requisitions
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required: Four years of administrative/secretarial experience. With preferred degree, no experience required.
Preferred: Seven years of advanced administrative experience that includes faculty support.
Preferred: Certified Professional Secretary
Required: Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 134799
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 36,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 45,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 54,000
Science Jobs: No